Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: hokey 4th

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It doesn't get any home-spun than in Burnsville...we have a town square..and a small stage was set up for the local talent to entertain us...an actual wagon train that had been traveling through the mountains since Friday..came cruising around the square...we had a parade of John deere tractors and a few fire trucks and police cars...the local high school band the vets decked out in their old medals etc...BBQ craft booths..prize drawings for quilts and the like...fireworks at dark...we had to leave early because I was hurting from my healthy exercise program LOL..but it was pretty nifty...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I missed the damn fireworks. They set them off on Monday of all days! I was sitting outside in my chair and tv dinner and iced tea just waiting and waiting and the damn things never came. I was so depressed that I went to bed.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh Mum, that sounds so much like the little town I grew up in (population of 1100 people).

    Pez, I feel so bad that you missed the fireworks and that it was a s****y day for you.
    e030

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our towns big event happens the first weekend in Qugust..the Toe River Arts Council Craft and Art show in downtown Burnsville....it is huge...and I find more goodies there....love the hand made soaps..

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks ROGER *giving mum the evil eye* At least SOMEbody cares, and he isnt even a relative. I appreciate that Roger, I really do.

    I hope I didnt post something depressing in every damn thread I replied in.... oh well what the hell. I can be down if I want. Right?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just happen to know "my little pez-in-stein" that you are going to be partying in DC this weekend ....kicking up yer heels...in fact I justgot off the phone with Scotte..and she is only 5 hours away.... [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah they go in last night around 11:15. We stayed up until 12:30 just shooting the breeze. I feel bad because the rain is going to prevent them from really doing any sightseeing today, but they DO look exhausted.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For Sale: Bridesmaid dress, size 12, worn once, paid $200 will take $75...

    ok just practicing my copy and paste skills...ya just can't get rid of a bridesmaid dress hahahahaha....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •